Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Java Programming Class for High School Students

Pete has been learning programming for several years now.  Recently, he spends a lot of time playing online video games with his friends.  I suggested that they might as well be productive and learn to program.  Specifically, learn to program in Java, and make the iRobot Create we bought a while ago do something interesting.  Two of Pete's friends decided they will do it.

My favorite IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is Netbeans, and this is what they are going to install one their own laptops. And of course, the right Java SDK.  We'll see how it's going.  Hopefully, they are going to hang on, and the group will grow a little bigger, say, 8-10 students.

I have decide the final format, yet.  To start with, Pete will show them how to install IDE and Java SDK, and simple Hello-World program.  And then do the some drawing, such as line, rectangl, oval, text.  I will get them over to our living room, and I will give a simple class explaining image, and it's manipulation.  I am eager to find our how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment