Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tools for Java Lessons

Pete was complaining that teaching his friends Java through screen sharing was not very efficient, since you can share your screen to one other person at a time.  He also said that video chatting using Skype can only work with one other person, too.  If you want to have video conference with more than one party, you have to pay for it.  I certainly am not ready to pay to teach lessons, yet.

After having thought about the efficient ways to deliver the lessons, I realized that we can use Google+ hangout for multi-party video conferences.  And video from screen capture should be a clear way to deliver a programming tutorial.  I have seen many tutorials from Youtube, but have never done it myself.  I went searching and found Ksnapshot for Linux among other apps, and several other free apps for windows.  I tried out Ksnapshot and really liked it.  Pete will find a Windows app he likes.

So, with a blog for the text part of material, a screen video capture tool for video tutorials, and Google+ hangout for video conferences, we are all set for the exciting Java programming lessons to come, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment